Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Planning your day camp

I'm a big believer that you can never be too organized.  People come to my camp and can't believe how organized and smoothly run everything is.  It's no accident.  I have a lot of experience running camps, but I also try to plan for everything.  These are some questions I ask myself each year as I'm planning camp.

Scheduling questions to ask yourself


How many days will your camp run?

What time will staff arrive?

What time will cubs arrive?

What time will camp begin?

How long will opening ceremony be?

How long will each station last?

How much time is there between stations?

How many stations will there be each day?

When is lunch? How long will it last? (include time for lunch program)

How long will closing ceremonies last?

What time is camp over?

When can staff go home?

When will den times be scheduled?

When will familes be involved in the program?

No comments:

Post a Comment